If you are a big fan of Xbox One, then you may have encountered the problem that the console will not turn on, no need to worry, in fact, it can be easily solved with a few simple steps.
Make sure your Xbox One controller is working
If you’re used to turning on your Xbox One with a controller, you may want to troubleshoot any problems with your peripherals first.
1. Press the power button on the console to see if it turns on. If your console is fine, it means the controller may not be working properly.
Press the “Power Button” on the Xbox One.
2. Press the Xbox button on the controller and see if it turns on. If it’s already on, there may be a battery problem and you need to charge or replace the battery.
Press the “Xbox” button on the controller.
3. If the Xbox One still won’t turn on, plug the controller directly into the Xbox and try pressing the Xbox button again to see if that helps.
4. If the above steps don’t work, you can consider trying it with another Xbox One controller. If the other controller is able to turn on the Xbox One, you should replace the previous controller.
Vent your Xbox One
The Xbox One overheating due to prolonged use can also cause random shutdowns and not turn on for a short period of time.
1. Check for objects blocking the Xbox One vents. Obstructions can disrupt the internal airflow of the Xbox One, preventing hot air from escaping properly. At this point, the console will shut down to prevent heat build-up from damaging internal components.
Remove any objects blocking the vents.
2. Your Xbox One may need to cool down, so don’t use it for now. You should also make sure to keep it in a well-ventilated area.
3. After confirming that the console is cool, press the power button and see if it turns back on.
Check your Xbox One’s HDMI cable
If you notice that your Xbox One lights up but nothing appears on the screen, the problem may be the HDMI cable itself.
1. Check that the HDMI cable is properly connected to the Xbox One and TV. If nothing turns on, try switching the HDMI port on the TV.
Check that the power cord is properly connected to the Xbox One and to the wall outlet.
2. If the Xbox One still doesn’t detect any display, try using another HDMI cable and see if anything shows up.
Check your Xbox One’s power supply
An unresponsive Xbox One usually involves an issue with the power supply.
1. Make sure the power cable is firmly inserted in the back of the console and that the plug is properly connected to an AC wall outlet.
Check the connection of your HDMI cable on the TV and console.
2. If all is in order there, next check the outlet itself, either with a digital multimeter or simply by connecting a different electrical device to the outlet and seeing if it works.
Power reset on Xbox One
Once it becomes clear the Xbox One itself is the problem, it’s time to try a power reset – the system’s internal power supply might be at issue.
To reset the external power supply for the Xbox One X and S consoles, follow these steps:
1. To perform a power reset, unplug the power cord from the back of the console and wait a full ten seconds. Now, reconnect the cable and press the “Xbox” button on the front of the system.
2. If it opens, then the problem is fixed.
To reset the external power supply for the original Xbox One, do the following:
1. Disconnect all cables from the console, the power supply itself, and the wall outlet.
2. Wait 10 seconds, then reconnect the power supply to the wall, then the console to the power supply.
If all of the above steps still don’t get your Xbox One working, then you may need to contact Microsoft for repair.