With several large user groups, TikTok is a safe space to watch videos and express ideas. However, there is still some content on TikTok that may make users feel unhappy.
This content often contains hate speech, impersonation, bullying, illegal content, and other content that violates TikTok guidelines. If TikTok doesn’t delete content that you don’t think should exist, then you can report that content and remove it.
Let’s take a look at how this is done:
How to report an account on TikTok
TikTok is a great app because it’s inclusive and developed. But if you think someone has posted abusive, racist, sexual, illegal, or other inappropriate content, you can report their account.
1. Find the user you want to report by searching for the user name.
2. Click the profile of the user you want to report.
3. Tap the three dots in the top right corner to open the menu. You will find a report option with a flag.
4. Select The reporting account.
5. This will take you to the list of reasons for the reported account. Choose the reason you feel is most appropriate. It will take you to another menu to further specify your report.
6. Once you select the option, it will navigate you to the last step where you must submit the report.
In general, it takes a few days for managers to review reports. If they believe your report is genuine and valid, the account will be warned, temporarily banned, or deleted.
How to report a video on TikTok
Sometimes, it may be just a specific video that violates the guidelines, not the entire account. In this case, you can also be.
1. Search for the person who uploaded the video or use related keywords to find the video.
2. Under the “Likes & Comments” option, you will see the “Share” option. Click on it to open a drop-up menu.
3. You will find a report option with a flag. Choose the most appropriate reason for your reporting the video frequency.
4. Submit the report and wait for the review. TikTok will notify you of the result after viewing the video.
How do I report a comment about TikTok?
1. Open the video that has the comments you wish to report. Select the Comments section to open them. Comments are displayed under the text message-Like icon.
2. Find the comment you want to report and click on it, which will open a new menu. You can select the report for further navigation.
3. Choose the most appropriate reason to report a comment.
4. Finally, submit the report. TikTok will notify you of its decision and actions regarding the report.
TikTok has clear terms and conditions for the types of content that are acceptable. However, if you see something on TikTok that you think should be reported, use the steps above.
For content that violates the platform guidelines, TikTok removes the video itself. If a particular review, video, or account is continuously reported, users will eventually lose access to the app.