Changing your wallpaper is one of the best ways to make your phone feel fresh and excited again. After all, it’s the first thing you see after you pull out your phone and unlock it.
Whatever style you prefer, you’ll always find wallpapers that suit you and represent how you feel. But there may be times when a static wallpaper doesn’t meet your requirements.
So, let’s take a look at how to set videos as lock screen and home screen wallpapers on Samsung devices.
How to set up a video as your lock screen wallpaper
You don’t need any third-party app to use the video as your lock screen wallpaper. You can do this directly from the Samsung Gallery app. The operation is very simple:
1. Open the Samsung Gallery app and pick out your desired video.
2. Tap the three dots menu and select Set as wallpaper > Lock screen.
3. If your video is too long, press the scissors icon to trim it down to 15 seconds or less, and then tap on Done. Note that live video wallpapers can’t be more than 100MB in size.
4. Once done, tap Set on the Lock screen, and you’re good to go.
When you lock your Samsung Galaxy phone and get to the lock screen, the video you set up will play automatically.
How to set a video as the main screen wallpaper
Setting a video as the main screen wallpaper is slightly more complicated than locking the screen. To do this, you will need to download an additional app.
For Galaxy devices, you can use Samsung Good Lock; it’s Samsung’s all-in-one customization app. It’s not pre-installed on Samsung devices, but you can get it from the Galaxy Store.
After downloading, follow the steps below. Note that this process is a workaround, thinking that the app does not allow the video to be set directly as the home screen wallpaper.
1. Launch good lock and find the Wonderland module under the Family menu. Once you click on the module, the app redirects you to the Galaxy Store, where you can install it.
2. Open Wonderland and click on New> Gallery, then select an image, don’t worry, it won’t appear in the final result.
3. Tap the App to Layer button in the lower right corner of the screen and select Video. Select the desired video from the multimedia, adjust its length, and click “Done”. The video will appear at the top of the image you selected earlier. Just resize the video to completely cover the screen preview and tap “Save”. Set a name for the custom preset, and then click Save again.
4. When it is done, you will see a preview of the video wallpaper. When you’re happy with the results, tap Set as wallpaper and choose whether to apply it only to the Home screen or to both the Home screen and the Lock screen.
5. If you are not satisfied with the final result, you can always return to the Wonderland module and edit your saved presets.
Before setting it as wallpaper, make sure your video has sufficient resolution and the correct dimensions, otherwise the results may appear blurry. For example, if your phone has a QHD screen and you’re using video in Full HD resolution, the wallpaper can be uncomfortable.
Use video wallpapers to make your screen more vivid
Static wallpapers are common, and if you’re looking for something that can give your screen a new look, a well-made video wallpaper should be a good choice. The Samsung Good Lock app lets you customize your live wallpaper in a variety of ways. You can add text, stickers, shapes, and particle effects to your live wallpaper, such as snow, raindrops, stars, bubbles, and more. Perhaps, this is exactly what you want.