Setting up a new Gmail account is relatively simple: whether you create one for yourself or for another person. If you’re starting Gmail for the first time, just setting up a new Gmail address, or creating an account for someone else, the process is similar.
Here’s everything you need to know about how to create a new Gmail account for others or for yourself.
How to create a new Gmail account
1. To create a new Gmail account, you need to go to the Gmail website and choose to create an account.
2. If you are already logged in to your Gmail account, you will need to select the icon at the top right and select Add another account in the drop-down menu. This will take you to a page where you can start adding details to your new account.
3. Then you need to add the details of the fields first name, last name, username, and password, etc. It’s worth noting that the username will appear as “email@example.com” in the new Gmail mailbox. For user names, you can use letters, numbers, and periods.
4. When you have filled in the necessary details, click Next.
5. On the next page, Google will ask you to verify your phone number. Enter your number and click Next. You will receive a verification code, then you need to enter it.
6. Once the verification is passed, you’ll see a “Welcome to Google” page with your new Gmail account. Here you can choose whether to keep your phone number connected to your account and whether you want to add a recovered email address.
7. You need to enter your date of birth and gender fields to continue. When you’re done, select Next.
Then you’ll be in your new Gmail inbox, which you can customize and tweak to your liking.
How to set up a Gmail account for someone else
If you want to create a new Gmail account for someone else, the process is the same. However, during the setup process, there are some important things to be aware of.
First, make sure you haven’t added your account as an extra address to your existing Google account. Either quit Google or use the browser in incognito mode to launch a new account for the other person.
When entering the details of the other person’s account, make sure to enter the details of the person with the account, not your own. Also, make sure that the username reflects the username that the person needs.
When verifying your account over the phone, make sure they send you the verification code so you can set it up. You can also use your number for the verification step and then remove it from your account.
Finally, you’ll need to provide the person with their account login username and password so they can sign in.
If they have an existing email account on another platform, set it up as a recovery email for their Gmail account. This allows them to reset their passwords after you hand over your account, as well as recover them if they forget them.
Easily set up email with Gmail
Setting up a new Gmail account is very simple, and if you connect the accounts, it’s easy to switch between multiple accounts and manage them.
You should take a good look at these simple and powerful features of Google Accounts, which can help you a lot to improve your work efficiency.