Windows 11 offers a new feature of widgets. One can access this by tapping on the gadget icon on the taskbar or by pressing the Windows + W keys on the keyboard at the same time. Widgets boards provide a lot of information you might be interested in. For example, it can be used to view calendars, weather, to-do lists, stocks, sports, and news, among others. While not everyone finds Widgets useful, it doesn’t hurt to learn how to uninstall and how to reinstall Widgets in Windows 11.
How to uninstall the widget through the command prompt
1. Open a command prompt as an administrator. To open it, type cmd in Windows Search and click Run as administrator. If prompted by the User Account Control, tap Yes.
2. Now, copy and paste the following command and hit Enter:
winget uninstall “windows web experience pack”
3. After that, you will get a message asking, “Do you agree to all the source agreement terms?” Now, click on the Y key on your keyboard and hit Enter to uninstall the Windows Web Experience Pack, including the Widgets feature.
4. Once finished, you will get a message saying “Successfully uninstalled”.
How to reinstall widgets via Microsoft Store
To reinstall Widget in Windows 11, you just need to install the Windows Web Experience Pack from the Store by doing the following:
1. First, open the Windows Web Experience Package in the Microsoft Store.
2. Now, install the same program on your Windows PC to restore the widget.
In short, whether you want to uninstall or install Widgets in Windows 11, it’s a simple task and won’t take you much time.